Sunday, March 4, 2012

my hood and other happenings

yesterday's photo-a-day prompt:  my neighborhood

here's one of my hood:


took this one very low to the ground while holding my cam.
shooting from this point of view is soooo kewl.

other happenings...

leap year day (2.29.2012) was a trip to starbucks w/my lil girliez.
i had a tall, skinny caramel macchiato.
maiya had a tall vanilla bean frappaccino, her very 1st.
me, i've mine...many timez!



waiting in line at starbucks another day....
never had one of these...
might have to try one, one of these dayz...

love these burgers...
hadn't had one of theirs in so long...
picked up 2, one for me, and one for maiya...

daddy is back home...
he's been back for 2 dayz now...
this photo was taken the nite he came back...

selene is now trying to walk even more now...
thank goodness, she's getting more into it now that daddy is back home...


and last night we had dinner at souplantation...
this was maiya's 1st time there.
she loved the clam chowda!
my fave was the lentil & spinach soup, had 2 bowls of it (hey the bowls are small!!!)...
(pssst!  btw...i love those red bowls!!!)...






even though some of the pix were a bit blurry, i thought the blurriness was so kewl.
so...
i refused to delete them from my hard drive.
they are scrap-worthy.

this morning i gotta make a pasta dish for a potluck birthday party for a very special person...
my grandpa who has just turned 92!
wow!
then we've got about a bit over 2 hour drive to head over to the party.
can hardly wait!'
excited to also see family i hadnt seen in years!

"it's gonna be a good day...."
per the words of ice cube (he's a rap artist turned actor for those of you who are not on the hip hop tip).

No comments: