Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Project Life 2012 Week 3

yey-yah!
another installment of PL...

i just realized something.
i've seen many PLifers entitle each layout spread "Week 1" or "Week 1 date", etc.
i haven't been doing this and i kinda like it that way too.
less constraints and leaves me a little leg room for whatever.

i'm so loving project life.
it's so easy peasy.
why didn't i start this a long time ago?
duh.
oh don't get me wrong i still love doing actual layouts...
but this really makes documenting the everyday stuff so easy and less stressful.
i can do it any way i want and any time i want.
and start with any year i want.
i am eventually gonna get to 2013.
i just ordered a bunch of photos from january to about this past saturday stuff.
can hardly wait to get them and get started on PL 2013.

anyway...
onward...

here is my week 3...



left side:
So happy Echo Park came up with their Photo Freedom line, especially those journaling card cut-outs. I used 3 of them on this side of my layout.  I got most of my journaling from my facebook, twitter and blog posts.  I am so grateful for these social media.  I never really journalled or wrote anything down on paper or in a journal during 2012, so these were really helpful on telling my everyday story of my and my family’s life together.  So if you happen to not have written it down, use these!  Looking back now, now this year I’m making sure to post more on them and typing in my notepad on my iPhone as a just in case.  And it’s always nice to have a back-up.


love using stickers on this project because it’s just easy peasy. On the left side, I used some letter stickers on a couple of the photos, but adhered them directly on the page protector.  I just did not want to ruin the integrity of them especially of the one where my hubby graduated from SOS.  Used my metallic silver sharpie and painted on the ridges of the “SOS” letters to calm down the bright green.




right side:
On the right side of my layout are photos all about our Selene.  The Design B protectors from the small variety pack were pretty cool to use for these photos especially since I had 3 portrait-style ones.  Cropped the other 2 photos to fit them in the 4 x 3’s.  (isn't selene such a cutie and a chunk-a-dunk?!?)

I inserted 2 scrap layouts, the 1st one made it to the 1st round of the contest.  (the 2nd layout is inserted right behind my "Poser" one).  You can see my post here. I had to use a paper clip to keep the layouts from slipping out.  Maybe next time I may slip in a sheet of paper in between just so it will keep them in place.


I love the dot & flair by Ormolu.  I love their stuff!



Doodled on the papers, which is one of my signature touches and it kinda put a nice “I’m done with this layout” feeling for me.  It seems that doodling for me seals the deal.

so fun so fun.
so love so love...this project.

btw, last night i came home to this...


my very 1st core kit, seafoam edition!!!
so excited!
i am thinking i'll use for my project life 2013.
hmmm...
i think that's a great idea!

did i tell you how much i love this?
well i do.

Supplies:
Used the Cocoa Daisy February 2013 kit, “Double Feature” and an older Cocoa Daisy kit, November 2012 “Bed & Breakfast.”  patterned papers:  Echo Park Photo Freedom Everyday Moments, Basic Grey Soleil; banner stickers:  Jillibean; letter stickers:  American Crafts, Jillibean, Glitz Design; pins:  Little Yellow Bicycle; wooden arrow:  Freckled Fawn; journaling dot, flair button:  Ormolu; from my stash - labels:  Martha Stewart; markers, pen:  sharpie in black & metallic silver; misc:  paper clip.

No comments: