Friday, March 8, 2013

ketchup - Project Life 2013 Week 2 & 3

no....
i meant "catch-up"
catching up on project life 2013.

(this is gonna be a loooong post, so bare with me)...

week 2...


Highlights:  pink skies | food | selene | cuteness | learning | les miserables
2 spreads + 2 inserts = life is goodness

Layout 1:  handwritten journaling = photos + cards + a lil bit of embellies

Layout 2: more handwritten journaling + simple embellies


Layout 3:
love to write on photos with my white pen.
My photo-a-day = 1 o’clock, learning photoshop. 
Love that swiss cheese border punch on the farthest right journaling card.  My hubby bought it for me at wal-mart not too long ago. 
Dontcha just love that bottom left one of my lubby dubby selene? So “pwetty!!!”  lol.

Inserts: 

a new year’s card from my sis-in-law & her fam along with photos of the kiddos. 
The 2nd insert contains just tidbits I collected pretty much in one day.  
The other side of this insert are collections from 2 days later.

Layout 4: 

all about movie night with my baby boo maiya. 
That movie was sooooo good! 
Simple embellishing of our tickets, buttons, a tag.

Supplies:  seafoam kit; cardstock: Wausau; labels: Martha stewart; border punch: ek success; pens:  sharpie, uniball signo; marker:  sharpie; stamps:  dear lizzy, smash; chalk ink: prima; all others:  cocoa daisy july 2012 “note to self” kit.

Now for week 3....
Highlights:  sisterly love | straight a’s | food | sorta date night | santa monica
3 layouts (well really 2 1/2) + 1 insert

Layout 1:


typed up some journaling of 4 days worth, one on a patterned paper that I cut up from an older cocoa daisy kit and another from the seafoam kit.  
Used my white pen to write a few words on the photo with selene at the window. Used the squares of the window to place my journaling in them.  =)  she really does love looking out that window, day & night.  
Maiya had this letter template from a long time ago that she gave to me since she never used it.  I used it on the 1st journaling card and traced the word “LIFE”. 
Added a few labels, washi tape, star stickers and a chipboard maiya gave me from a burger king kids meal.  I was having a bad day that day and she noticed and handed it to me.  It put a smile on my face.  I just had to add it in this album. A must-keep forever thang.

Insert:

 maiya had gotten straight a’s on her 2nd quarter grade report.  She handed it to me with a big smile.  So proud of her! I slipped into a page protector and added some letter stickers with stars. 
On the other side of this insert is a receipt and coffee sleeve for when maiya, selene and I were at the airport.  Maiya left for the mlk day weekend for WA. We treated ourselves especially since maiya’s flight delayed about 40 minutes.  
I also saved a little note from my hubby. It’s rare that I find something like this from him, so I just had to add it in here too.  He even put the time on it, see? I embellished this side of the insert with the green letter stickers and backed up the stuff with patterned paper from my mind’s eye.

Layout 2:
all the papers and embellies are from the cocoa daisy july 2011 “note to self” kit. 
See…I used the letter template again?  
Extra accents of labels, chevron stamp (from creatiate on etsy) and washi tape to boost. 

Layout 3:
I love santa monica. It was just me, selene and hubby.
I took quite a bit of photos, but chose only 6.  One of which was a portrait style using my iphone.
i used the design A for this layout, so for this particular photo, I used glue dots and attached it on the outside of the protector on top of the journaling card and parking receipt that I placed in the pockets.  Letter template?  Yes please.  Man I love that thing.  Obviously, you’ll be seeing more of it in this project. So easy to use and versatile. I had a lot of negative space in these photos so I used one of them for titling up this layout. Cool huh?

love love love.


Supplies: journaling card:  seafoam kit; cocoa daisy july 2011 “note to self” kit; labels: Martha stewart; stars stickers, self-adhesive tab:  avery; pens:  uniball signo, stamp:  creatiate; sharpie; misc:   letter template, staples





No comments: