and a special request from one of our daughters, ashley....
pretty simple recipe....
preheat oven 325 to 375
2 Old El Paso enchilada sauces (mild)
a package of shredded mexican cheeses (2-3 cups)
medium size tortillas (8-10)
1 lb ground turkey
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- spread about 1/4 can of enchilada sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- brown ground turkey and drain any fat.
- add remaining 3/4 can of enchilada sauce, cumin and sugar to browned ground turkey.
- heat thru about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- spread about 1/4 cup ( i use my cooking spoon) in the middle of tortilla.
- spread 1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of meat & roll tortilla.
- place rolled tortillas on top of sauce (the one you already spread) in the baking dish.
- the meat sauce mix will make about 8-10 enchiladas.
- spread other can of enchilada sauce over them (use all of it!).
- sprinkle as much cheese as you desire on top.
- bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are hot throughout.
and eat up!
su saber es realmente bueno!
(Note: must use the old el paso brand. i've tried different brands but this one is the best, in my opinion)