Thursday, June 3, 2010

craftiness....food...and a dress

i got my crafty groove on this morning....made a bright and cheery birthday card for a very special dude, holt (my hubby's nephew...well mine too, wink!).  i was just gonna give a sneaky peeky of the card but then i thought i would just go all out and show it off today.  it will be sent very soon as his b-day is on the 23rd. he loves the color orange and bananas...so this is exclusively made with love for him and only him .

here it is...
the front and back details too...
and the inside looks like this...

i think this is my first time to ever use lots of orange in a card.  turned out pretty good huh?
(supplies used:  American Crafts, Scenic Route, Sassafras, EK Success, Fiskars, Stickles)

yesterday did a walmart grocery run and bought a whole lotta food!  yikes.  i use to only spend not more than $80 on groceries, now it's over $140.  well it just use to be for 2, now it's for 3.   i have an extra kid, i mean wonderful hubby to feed too.  i made some gourmet herb sliders for dinner courtesy of my bestie's recipe, rachel ray...lol!  this is my second time to make this and it's always a hit with my baby boo and my handsome dh.  will have to make this sometime for a party.

yesteday while driving home from walmart, i kept thinking about our second wedding and how much fun it was...and realized.... there were never pictures taken of just my dress by Maggie Sottero.  i think it was because things were running a little late plus it wasn't even on my mind to do it which is unusual for me b/c i love details.  so i took quite a few photos of my dress one day.  i didn't put it on b/c it was one of those corset-style and that would be awkward me trying to tighten it up by myself.  i think i would have been cracking up at the same time too.  lol!  here's a few snapshots...
i loved everything about this dress, the halter and corset-style, the beading, and the beautiful detail on the back.  thank you mom & dad for buying me such a beautiful dress and for being there.

so grateful to have such a loving family.

No comments: