Sunday, May 29, 2011

so far so good... i think

i say i think because i'm pretty delirious right now.
i'm very sleep deprived.
my oldest daughter has been saying i look very tired.
and..
i sure am.
having a baby to care of is hard work.
but it's well worth it.
especially when she starts smiling more often and even lets out a little giggle or 2.
aaaahhhh....
i just say to myself:
once she gets older she'll sleep longer at night.
i'm sooooooooo grateful that my 9 yr old loves to help out with our lil 7 week old.
she changes her diaper,
she cuddles with her,
she tries to calm her down,
she feeds & burps her,
she comforts her.
but most of all,
she loves her.
and i think selene is so happy about that.
i know i am.
my hubby is a wonderful daddy too.
he takes over when he sees me stressing out,
he takes care of her,
he does all the baby stuff that she needs, just like my 9 yr old,
and more.
yes, there are times he gets stressed out too,
but hey, doesn't every parent of a cutey baby?
and of course the best of all,
he loves her unconditionally.
i love my hubby and my girls so much.
sometimes it's hard to explain.
i'm so grateful for what life has given to me so far and will keep giving me.
*sigh*

i'm definitely grateful school is out and it's a 4-day weekend holiday for my hubby.
altho' he's still in "work mode" during this time.
but we have managed to do stuff together since friday.
we got to go to a jethawks baseball game.
selene's 1st time at a b-ball game.
maiya's 2nd time (1st at a mariner's game in WA).
that was so much fun!
selene slept pretty much the whole time, all snuggled up in her sweater, blanket, and maiya's blanket.
it was cold and windy, but despite that, i enjoyed myself.



this will definitely be one of my fave photos:


 another going down as a fave photo and scrap-worthy:


 is this scrap-worthy or what...lol:


yesterday to celebrate maiya getting a science award from school,
we went to the science center in LA:












great job maiya!
it was nice to get away on nice road trip with the family.

today was mostly a chill-chore-day.
laundry, bathroom cleaning, laundry, lunch, taking care of the family especially selene, chillin'.
hubby is gonna cook some beer can chicken tonight, yumm-o!
then watch a rental.
tonight is camp night with maiya.
i get to sleep the whole night too while hubby takes care of selene.
gotta catch up on my zzzzzz'z and spend some time with maiya alone.
i love my hubby for doing that for us.

tomorrow..not sure what we're doing...
but i think we plan on getting away from home again.
we'll see!

oh before i go, here's a sneaky peeky on an upcoming ScrapTiffany challenge:


i can hardly wait to til it's revealed and when i get to post it on here!
stay tuned til june 1st!

have fun on the rest of this holiday weekend and be safe!
peace!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Jennifer, thank you for your beautiful post! You and your family look awesome!

Congrats to Maiya on her Science award! Great job!

'Love the sneak of ST project. I can't wait for the full reveal!!