Friday, January 8, 2016

one little word 2016 - january

i started it!  woot!  this is my title page.  i used some copper scotch washi tape, a doily from an old cocoa daisy kit, amy tangerine's transparent letter stickers and wrote in "2016" with a brown colored pencil. real simple.


and here are my 1st two layouts...


it took me about over a week to figure out what to write using ali edwards' OLW  prompts that are included in the monthly classes/lessons. i was wondering when i would start and actually was a bit nervous to start. but right after winter vacation and the kids were back in school, i decided to tackle and i was ready to.  i did mine on a tuesday while selene was in preschool for a few hours after i worked out at the gym. got my startbucks grande skinny caramel macchiato, sat down with my laptop and just wrote away.

there was a point where i teared up a bit...it was about my daughter wanting to move with her dad starting next school year.  i have accepted the fact that it will happen and that was one of the things i wrote on that "let go" card.  it really helped with just getting my feelings out and on paper. it actually made me feel a little bit better.  this OLW journey i think will be my outlet for this part of my life especially as the summer approaches (July 1, 2016 is when she officially moves to WA).  my hope is that this process will make this part of my journey about my daughter a little easier to grasp and to move forward...progress to the chapter of our lives...my life.  so that is how i'm going to look at it and why my OLW is "progress."  it's just fitting.


and a few simple details...



the dotted black and white card is a freebie by livelovepaper's tina azsmus. i added some october afternoon's letter stickers and a mini pearl by doodle bug design inc.  then the card with "PROGRESS" on it... i simply used the back of that same freebie card, painted copper random stripes and added those kaisercraft tiny alpha stickers. real simple.

real simple... that's unusual for my style.  i use to be so detailed with layouts...but now that life has changed with teaching zumba a lot more and family life getting busier, there is little time for so much detail. so part of my word progress also has to do with making things simpler, like in my scrapbooking style.  i am drawn now towards a bit of a cleaner look, less embellishments.  i have already notice with this change, i enjoy this more and saves time for other things in life.

aaaah... real simple...now that's progress.

No comments: